Yogurt garlic sauce is often known as Tatzaki sauce and is a marvelous combination of thick greek yogurt and chopped cucumbers with garlic and lemon juice. Its a perfect dip to be served with sandwiches or BBQ.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt/ thick regular yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill/mint,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add yogurt in a sieve and place the sieve over a bowl. Wait for 5-10 min. After 10 min you will have the thick yogurt you want and discard the liquid from the bowl.
- Meanwhile remove the seeds of the cucumber and cut into small pieces ( we need to remove the seeds to keep the sauce thick).
- Add cucumber in a colander and use a spoon to draw out excess water.
- Now in a food processor add cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and dill (discard the thick part of dill). Process until smooth.
- Mix this mixture with yogurt and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to develop.
100 0 100 1