This wonderful but simple white sauce also known as bechamel sauce made by combining butter and flour with milk. It is used as a base ingredient in many sauces such as mornay, alfredo and tastes best with beef, fish, pasta and even vegetables.
- 2 TBS Butter
- 3 TBS Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (optional) White pepper
- Add butter in a sauce pan and place it on stove over low heat.
- When the butter is fully melted quickly add flour, without allowing butter to change its colour.
- Mix well until it forms a paste. This paste is called roux. Cook for 1-2 min over low heat and make sure that paste does not change its colour.
- Now add milk with constant stirring. To avoid lumps gradually add milk and stir with a wooden spoon until we have a smooth sauce.
- Bring it to a simmer point over medium heat, then reduce the heat and cook gently for 5 min, so that the flour does not give its crude taste and the sauce thickens.
- Before turning off the heat season with salt and black pepper and enjoy as an accopaniment with beef, fish, meat, pasta or even on cauliflower.
0 0 100 0