What a wonderful vegetarian dish that not only tastes delicious but it looks elegant too. These vegetable and cheese stuffed shells are also a fantastic treat for weight watchers.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 jumbo pasta shells, boiled
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup frozen or fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 bell pepper (red or green), diced
- 1 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Heat oil in a skillet. Add garlic, pepper and carrots. Stir fry for 3-4 min until the vegetables are tender.
- Now add spinach and again stir fry 3-4 min until the spinach is reduced by half. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl add egg, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, vegetables, salt, black pepper, oregano and basil. Mix well until combined.
- Grease a baking dish with oil. Pour half of the sauce at the bottom of the dish.
- Stuff each pasta shell with the vegetables and cheese mixture and place it in the dish
- Now pour the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15 min. Now remove foil and bake for another 15 min until the top turns to brown. Serve warm and ENJOY!
0 0 100 0