Turnip with Spinach is a traditional veggie dish which is usually served with yogurt mint sauce. Try this one on a veggie day!
- 1 kg Turnip (cut in small cubes)
- 1 cup Spinach or fenugreek leaves (cut)
- 2 normal Onion (cut in cubes)
- 5 - 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 normal Tomato (cut)
- 4 - 6 Green chilies (cut)
- Red peppers add to taste
- Salt add to taste
- 1/2 cup Oil
- Add oil in a pan, switch on stove, when oil is heated, add onion and fry till golden. Then add garlic and fry for five minutes.
- Then add spinach or fenugreek leaves, red peppers, salt, green chilies to the pan and fry for 6 – 8 minutes.
- When fried, add tomatoes and turnip to the pan. Cover the pan, and cook over very low heat for about 20 minutes till turnip is cooked and tender and water dries out. (Turnip will be cooked in its own water, add a little water if needed).
- Dish it out in a serving bowl, garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with the yogurt sauce to make your dinner more tasty.
0 0 100 0