Turkish Lentil Patties: This is a healthy and delicious vegetarian dish and one of the most popular appetizers of Turkish cuisine. They are served cold and is a wonderful dish to be served on parties.
- 1 Cup Red Lentil
- 1/2 cup Bulgur(cracked wheat)
- 1 Onion(finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 ybsp Red Pepper Paste
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper(optional)
- 2 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Parsley(finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Green onion(finely chopped)
- Lettuce leaves for garnishing
- First wash the red lentil and drain the water.
- Take a pot and boil the red lentil with 2 ½ cup of water.When water starts boiling reduce the heat and cover half of the pan.
- The lentils should be soft and tender at the end but there must be some water about 1/4 cup at the bottom. Note: Drain some of the water it if it is more than 1/4 cup Turn off the heat.
- Add the bulgur and stir until well combined. Cover to let the bulgur expand.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a pan add chopped onion and saute until soft.
- Add tomato paste, red pepper paste, salt, cumin, black pepper and crushed red pepper. Stir in the spices.
- Transfer this spice mixture in bulgur and lentil pot. Mix them well and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Add green onion, lemon juice and half of finely chopped parsley. Mix all with your hands.
- From this mixture make walnut shaped patties.
- Serve Lentil Pates on a bed of lettuce leaves and Enjoy!
0 0 100 0