A tres leches cake, or torta de tres leches (from Spanish, “three milks cake”), or pan tres leches (“three milks bread”) Latin American cake is also very popular in North America.
It is a moist big sponge soaked in different types of milk, topped with whipped cream and served with fresh Fruits (Cherry, Blueberry, strawberry or any berry you like.)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside. (Do it with hand)
- With the help of electric mixer beat butter or margarine and the 1 cup sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well. Note: Beat at low speed.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time; mix until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Note: Make sure that the mixture doesn’t have lumps. If you saw a few mix again, it should be a smooth mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until the fork inserted in the center comes out clean. Let rest outside for 20 minutes.
- Combine the whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. After 20 minutes pour over the top of the cooled cake.
- Whip whipping cream, the remaining 1 cup of the sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla together until thick. Spread over the top of cake. Top with fruits and ENJOY!