A quick but delicious Italian dessert is Tiramisu with less than 250 calories. It is made with sponge cake flavored in coffee and covered with cheese filling.
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese/reduced fat cheese cream
- 2 packages ladyfingers/2 plain sponge cakes
- 2 tablespoons coca powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups whipping cream
- In a pan mix espresso powder with boiling water and set aside.
- Beat cheese cream with the mixer along with the sugar. Add whipped cream and mix well.
- Split the ladyfingers in half and arrange half of them on the bottom of the dish. Pour half cup of coffee and spread half of the cream mixture. Now on the top of the cream arrange the second package of ladyfingers. Pour the remaining coffee and then top with the cream mixture. (Note: If using plain sponge cakes then cut it into 3 inch oblongs and dry the pieces in oven before using them)
- Dust the top with coca powder. Cover and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
0 0 100 0