Enjoy these tasty rolls with a wonderful combination of vegetables and mushrooms, it gives you maximum freshness of all the vegetables and if you are vegetarian you will surely like this. I have used the vegetables of my choice but you can use whatever you like.
- 12-16 spring roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 100 g cellophane/bean thread noodles
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour paste (optional)
Soak cellophane noodles for 10 min. Drain and cut into small strips.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, salt and stir frequently. Mushrooms release their moisture after 1-2 min. Continue cooking until mushrooms turn to dark reddish brown colour. This wil take 5-8 min.
Now add garlic, carrot, green chilies and stir fry. After 4-5 min add cabbage, lettuce and green onion and fry until vegetables are softened.
Stir in black pepper, soy sauce, oyster sauce and lime juice. Before turning off the heat add fresh chopped cilantro and cellophane noodles.
Put one spring roll wrapper on a flat surface and place 1 tablespoon of the vegetable mixture diagonally at the lower left corner. Now lift up the left corner and place over the filling. Also fold sides over the filling and roll away from you. Seal with egg or flour paste. (Note: Flour paste can be made by mixing flour with water)
Repeat the procedure with the remaining spring wrappers.
Add oil in a wok and place it over medium heat. Add the rolls in the heated oil and fry until light golden (turning the sides continuously)
Take them out on a paper towel so that excess oil is absorbed by the towel.
- Arrange spring rolls on a serving dish and serve with Thai chilli sauce.