A delicious Thai Curry,full of flavors and easy to make.This recipe. is just perfect for a midweek dinner.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2-3 tablespoons red/ green Thai curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pound chicken fillet, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 400 ml coconut milk/coconut cream
- 2 vegetables of your choice (bell pepper,peas,mushrooms,egg plant, green beans)
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1-2 red/green chili
- 2 tablespoons Thai basil leaves
- 225ml chicken stock
- 2 shallots, chopped
Add shallots,garlic,ginger and curry paste in a processor/blender and process to make thick paste(you can use some water during processing)
Heat oil in a wok and add the curry paste mixture.Cook for 3-4 min stirring frequently.
Now add the chicken and stir fry until chicken colour turns light brown.When chicken is half cooked add vegetables and simmer for around 3-4 minutes.
Add stock and coconut milk and cook for some more minutes until vegetables are tender and chicken is fully cooked(By the end of this method make sure that sauce has thickened)
Add brown sugar,lime juice, fish sauce and basil.Stir the mixture and taste it.
Remove the wok from the heat and garnish with red chilli,basil and coriander. Serve with steamed rice