Tabbouleh, a healthy and delicious Middle Eastern salad, perfect for take to work lunch or can be used as a side dish with BBQ.
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 1 bunch parsely ( cut it into very small thin pieces)
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 1 onion, cube sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fine grain bulgur
- 1/4 cup olives
- Place bulgur in a bowl and add 1 cup of boiling water. Stir and set aside for 10-15 min or until all the liquid is absorbed and the wheat is softened.
- Rinse the bulgur in cold water and drain well
- Cut tomatoes in small pieces after removing the tomato skin.
- Take another bowl add tomatoes, parsely, onion, mint and softened bulgur. Mix well. Sprinkle salt and black pepper and season with lemon juice and olives.
- Serve with toasted pita wedges or flat bread.
0 0 100 0