Sweet Red Bean Paste mostly known as Anko is a very popular paste used in Chinese and Japanese desserts. Try this home made red bean paste and use it in either steamed buns or on top of your favorite vanilla ice cream or in your favorite dora cakes.
- 1 cup dried red beans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- pinch of salt
- few drops of vanilla (optional)
- Wash the beans. Add them in a large pot. Cover with water and soak overnight (minimum for 8 hours).
- Next day drain and rinse the beans. Now add the beans in a large pot along with the water. Cook for 2 hours stirring occasionally until the beans have softened.
- Next blend the beans with the water in which they are boiled in a blender.
- Now add butter,sugar, salt and vanilla drops to the processed beans and stir fry this mixture in a frying pan until all the liquid is absorbed by the beans.
- Cool and store in an air tight container and use it whenever it is required.
0 0 100 0