Stromboli is a perfect healthy snack for your kids. Just mix your favorite pizza toppings and then rolled it up in pizza dough.
This delicious Stromboli is stuffed with chicken, cheese and olives. I have used my favorite ingredients in the filling. You feel free to add any vegetable of your liking.
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Instant Yeast
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Warm Water as required for kneading the dough
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chili (crushed)
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 400gm Chicken boneless
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 3 tbsp Olives (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 Green Capsicum (cut in thin strips)
- In a large bowl add flour, salt, sugar, instant yeast, baking powder and oil. Mix well by slowly adding warm water.
- Knead the dough 5-6 time so that the dough is smooth and consistent. Place the dough in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile in a pan add 1/2 glass of water, chicken, ginger garlic paste, salt and crushed red chilies. Place it over high heat.
- When water starts boiling reduce the heat to medium and cook until water dries out and the chicken is cooked through. Shred the chicken when it cools down.
- Preheat oven at 180 C or 350 F and grease a round deep 8″ loose bottom pan.
- When the dough doubles in volume punch it down.
- Now on a floured surface roll the dough in long rectangle with a thickness of quarter inch.
- Spread the pizza sauce with long knife on rectangle shape dough.
- Add shredded chicken over pizza sauce followed by green capsicum strips, onion, mushrooms and olives. Cover the top with mozzarella cheese.
- Roll the dough into the shape of swiss roll and before placing it on greased pan join the ends of roll in such a way that it takes the shape of a circle.
- With sharp knife make slits all over the roll . Brush the top of the round roll with beaten egg.
- Place the pan in preheated oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the top is browned. Remove from oven and allow it to cool down. Serve hot with the afternoon tea and ENJOY!