This is a yummy sponge cake with an irresistible taste, filled with strawberry preserves. It’s a perfect treat for the kids on their birthday and for wedding anniversaries as well.
- 200 gms Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 150 gms Castor sugar
- 150 gms Plain butter
- 4 Eggs medium
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
For filling cream:
- 100 gms Butter softened
- 200 gms Icing sugar
- 2 TBS Milk
- Strawberry Jam as desired
- Fresh Strawberries (optional)
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees C or 160 degrees F. Line your pan with baking parchment or grease your pan with butter.
- Mix baking powder to the flour and sift it at least three times.
- With an electric hand whisk, beat the butter in a large mixing bowl. add sugar to the softened butter and beat well until smooth and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one to the mixing bowl and continue beating after each addition until all mixed well.
- Add vanilla extract and beat.
- Add the sifted flour mixture gradually in small amounts to the bowl and beat after each addition until the cake batter is smooth and soft.
- Bake the cake in oven for about 30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean and dry.
- Cool for ten minutes and then take it out up side down. Cut the cake horizontally, with a large knife, into two parts of equal thickness.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with beater and add half the icing sugar with 1 TBS milk. Beat till smooth and mixed well. Add the remaining milk and icing sugar and beat well. You can add more milk to adjust the consistency of butter cream as u desire. Beat well until smooth.
- To one of the cake layer, spread the butter cream evenly over it. Then add an even layer of strawberry jam over the butter cream layer. Place the other half of cake over this layering. Sprinkle icing sugar over the cake.
- You can cover the top and sides of cake with the butter cream if you like your cake more creamy. Decorate with fresh strawberries.
- Refrigerate the cake for 10 minutes, allowing the layer of butter cream to firm up. Serve fresh.
0 0 100 0