Nothing is more delicious than a pasta dipped in red sauce with meat balls. Enjoy a spoonful of this very simple homemade recipe of spaghetti with meat balls and you will soon be very fond of it.
- 250 gms Spaghetti
- 1 TBS Salt (for boiling spaghetti)
- 1 TBS Oil (For boiling spaghetti)
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 4 to 6 tomatoes Tomato puree of
- 1/2 tsp Dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- Sea salt add to taste
- Ground black pepper 1 tsp or add to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
For meat balls:
- 250 gms Chicken or beef mince
- 2 cloves Garlic
- salt add to taste
- Black pepper add to taste
- 1 TBS heaped Bread crumbs
- 2 TBS Spring onion
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 Cheddar cheese slice
Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Take small portions from the mixture and roll them out in small balls. In a non stick pan, shallow fry all the meat balls in oil until golden brown.
- 1 TBS Fresh parsley cut
- 1 TBS Spring onion
- 1 TBS Extra virgin olive oil
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a pan of salted boiling water add a TBS of oil and boil spaghetti till they are tender and cooked. Drain them out and put them under running water for 10 seconds, keep them aside.
- In another pan, heat olive oil at medium heat and fry onion till light golden color, at this stage add garlic and fry for two more minutes.
- Add tomato puree and all the spices to the pan and cook till the sauce is thick.
- Take out spaghetti in a serving dish with the fried meat balls, spread over a layer of red tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and spring onion. Drizzle some olive oil and add grated parmesan cheese (optional), serve hot.