Spaghetti Alla Norma is a tasty spaghetti from sicilian cuisine with a wonderful combination of tomato sauce and egg plants. Its a classic pasta dish from catania, an Italian city and was named after Vincenzo Bellini’s opera, Norma.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g egg plants, sliced
- 500 g tomatoes, chopped
- 10-12 basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup grated ricotta salata/Mozarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chilli
- 1 onion, chopped
- Add oil, onion and garlic in a skillet and cook for 1-2 min or until soft.
- Add tomatoes and crushed red chilli. Season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for 5-10 min or until liquid eveporates.
- Add the sliced eggplants, cover and cook for 10 more min or until eggplants are tender. Before you turn off the heat add the shredded basil leaves.
- Meanwhile place a pot filled with water over high heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of salt and oil. When starts boiling add spaghetti and stir until all the strands of spaghetti are drenched in water. When the spaghetti is fully cooked , drain it well.
- Toss with sauce and cheese over low heat and serve immediately.
0 0 100 0