Sfouf-Semolina Turmeric Cake is a Lebanese dessert made with semolina and a tinch of turmeric flavor. It tastes better than it sounds and is not overly sweet. Try this easy recipe at home with your evening tea.
- 1 1/2 cup Semolina flour
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 TBS Butter or Tahini
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pine nuts (optional) as desired
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease a 9 inch baking pan with tahini, it will not stick to the cake bt will leave its flavor.
- In a mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients well.
- In another bowl, add sugar in the milk and mix till is is dissolved.
- Add vanilla extract and oil to the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Now add the flour mixture to the above mixture and mix with the electric beater for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into the greased pan, sprinkle some pine nuts and bake for about 30 – 35 minutes or until the woodden stick inserted in the center of the cake comes out dry.
0 0 100 0