This crispy sesame fried chicken is one of my family’s favorite dishes. Honey, ginger and orange juice marinade gives these chicken bites a wonderful taste.
Also makes a perfect kids meal when served with rice and beans.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless chicken, cut it into bite size piece
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs white
- In a large bowl, whisk garlic, ginger, vinegar, orange juice, salt, black pepper, crushed chili, honey, corn starch and sesame oil.
- Pour this marinade mixture over the chicken. Make sure that the chicken cubes are fully coated with this mixture. Cover and refrigerate it for at least 30 min to marinate.
- Whisk the eggs white in a bowl. Combine corn flour, flour and baking powder ina another bowl.
- Dip the chicken bites in egg and then coat them with the flour mixture. Repeat this process to coat all of the chicken bites.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Fry the chicken cubes until golden brown. Take out the pieces onto a paper towel so that the excess oil is absorbed by the towel.
- Transfer the pieces to a serving dish. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on the bites and serve with chili paste.
0 0 100 0