Pesto is a sauce originating in Genoa in the Liguria region of northern Italy and traditionally consists of crushed garlic, basil, and European olive oil. Enjoy this herby flavor sauce with grilled beef with your family.
FOR ROSEMARY PESTO
- 1⁄3 cup fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh parsley, rough chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 Pound beef flank steak or Plate steak, trimmed of any fat
- ½ tablespoon olive oil or 1 once Butter.
- 2 ounce Orange juice
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, cilantro and parsley)
- Thoroughly wash fresh herbs and pat dry. Strip rosemary from stalk and chop. Combine rosemary, parsley, garlic, and oil into food processor and blend well for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- First put the flank or plate steak on a table and clean with a towel. Using a sharp knife, score both sides of the flank steak in a diamond pattern, cutting no deeper than 1/8 inch.
- In a 1-gallon zipper-lock food storage bag , combine the orange juice fresh herbs, oil or butter, and Salt & Pepper. Add the steak. Close the bag, pressing out the air, and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, or up to 6 hours.
- When waited at least 2 hours, heat a gas grill to medium-high, prepare a charcoal medium-hot fire until the coals form white ash, or heat a broiler. Remove the steak from the bag and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides. Grill or broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat source for 10 min ( 5 min on each side)
- Now add 2 tablespoon Rosemary Pesto and grill or broil again for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the steak to a cutting board and let it stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Cut thin diagonal slices across the grain.
- Serve in a plate around 5 to 7 slices of steak and add more Rosemary Pesto. (1 or 2 tablespoon per plate). Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Extra: Serve with White Rice and grill vegetables (slices of Green Pepper, Fresh Asparagus, Grill onion rings and Carrot slices. Grill all the vegetables around 4 or 6 minutes).
0 0 100 0