The roast beef french dip sandwich, also known as a beef dip is a hot sandwich (Panini) consisting of thinly sliced roast beef (or other meats) on a French roll or baguette
- 1 beef rump roasts (4 to 5 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can +1 cup beef broth
- 1 packet dried onion soup mix
- 2 loaves French bread
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. Add seasoned rump roast and cook, turning, until browned on all sides, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer roast to slow cooker.
- Add 1 cup beef broth and using a wooden spoon, scrape bottom of pan to incorporate all browned bits of meat. Cook for 2 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Now add onion, broth and onion soup mix to pot; stir to mix. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 hours until the beef is tender. Remove roast and slice.
- Arrange meat on a platter and pour sauce over meat.
- Cut 4-inch lengths from bread and have everyone layer meat on bread, pouring sauce on top to moisten. Extra: add some Mushrooms and caramelized onion and spicy mayonnaise.
0 0 100 0