Arroz Con Pollo- Rice with chicken is a traditional meal that is very common in Spain. It is very easy to make. The rice, chicken and seasonings are so perfectly mixed that it tastes delicious.
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup olives, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 roasted peppers, cut it into strips
- 6 pieces chicken ( leg or breast piece)
- 2 cups rice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet and add chicken. Cook until browned on both sides. It will take 8-10 min. Take it out on a plate and set aside.
- Add onion and stir fry for 2-3 min until onion is soft. Now add tomatoes, garlic, paprika and again cook with constant stirring for 2-3 min until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add rice, cumin and olives. Mix it all and add broth, saffron and chicken pieces. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. Cover and cook for 15 min until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the peas, pepper and again cook for 10-15 min until the rice is tender.
- Now reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for the last 5 min (this will help the flavors to combine).
- Before turning off the heat stir in the lemon juice. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
0 0 100 0