Rice potato pakora or rice dumplings, is a dish where rice is mixed with potatoes, chicken and spices coated with gram flour batter, and are perfect for evening tea time snack. This will make a perfect lunch box for your kids.
- 1 cup Boiled rice
- 2 normal size Potatoes boiled and mashed
- 3/4 cup Chicken boiled and shredded
- 1/2 cup Spring onion cut
- Salt add to taste
- Red peppers add to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander crushed
- 1 TBS Chat masala
- Oil for frying
- 2 cup Gram flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red peppers
- 1 small cube Chicken stock
- Water as required
- Add all the above ingredients in a bowl and mash them together till they are mixed well.
- Make small balls out of the above mixture.
- In another bowl, add all the batter ingredients and mix them well. Add water slowly to make a thick paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, roll out balls one by one in the batter and deep fry them in heated oil. (At a time fry just 4 – 5 balls in a pan)
When all fried, dish them out and serve with your favorite dips in evening tea.
Any left over rice of lunch time may be used as this recipe require boiled rice.