Deep red velvet cake with a subtle chocolate flavor topped with cream cheese frosting is great for valentine’s day and will surely please your loved ones.
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coca powder
- 2 tablespoons red food color
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup (225 g) cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (120 g) butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Brush the interior bottom and sides of two heart shape baking pans with vegetable oil.
- Stir the red food color and coca in a small bowl. Add the maple syrup, mix well and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in another bowl until fluffy. Now add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in the coca mixture and salt.
- Add the flour and buttermilk in portions and beat after each addition until combined.
- Add the baking soda and vinegar. Mix well (do not beat at this step).
- Pour the batter evenly into each pan. Bake for 30-40 min or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan.
- Meanwhile beat the butter and cheese cream in a bowl. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. In the end add maple syrup and salt.
- Remove the cake from pans. Place one cake on a serving plate. Spread a layer of frosting. Now arrange the next cake on top. Spread the remaining frosting on the top and sides. Decorate the cake with crumbled cake pieces. Serve and ENJOY with your loved ones.
0 0 100 0