Coming up with a new idea for a kid’s meal is a tough task but we do know how kids love potatoes. I did too when i was one. I would go gaga over any dish that had potato as its main ingredient. Kids these days have more options to eat than we had and this creates more problems. When you know you can either have this or that, its easy but when you have loads of things to choose from, you become a confused kid of modern times. Kids feel confused and mums feel exhausted coming up with options to cook or buy. Home cooked meals are a healthier alternative to the junk food our kids are addicted to.
This particular recipe of Potato Smilies that i am about to share here cannot take place of a meal but can curb that hunger pangs that come in between meals especially for those kids who are active and sporty. This simple and quick to make recipe will surely be loved by kids and adults at tea time.
Potato smilies are not only extremely easy to make but taste great too. Kids would love to have these for a light snack. You can also keep them chilled in the freezer for later use. These smilies can be shallow fried or just toasted on non stick pan, as they don’t need much cooking.
- 1.5 cup Boiled, mashed potatoes
- 0.5 tsp Oregano Powder
- a pinch or two Salt to taste
- 1/3 tsp Black pepper
- 3 tbsp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp Cornflour
- Coming up with a new idea for a kid’s meal is a tough task. This particular recipe cannot take place of a meal but can curb that hunger pangs that come in between meals especially for those kids who are active and sporty. This simple and quick to make recipe will surely be loved by kids and adults at tea time. First of all, mix all the ingredients and put it up for chilling in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Take the dough out and make small balls. Spread a little cornflour on a flat surface and put these balls on it. Gently press each ball so that it takes the desired form. You can make eyes with a straw and mouth with a small spoon. Once you are done with all, you can fry these at medium to high heat as the potatoes are already cooked and don’t need much cooking. You can also freeze these uncooked smilies and keep them for future use as well. If you think you can make better smilies with a different set of equipment, do share 🙂 We always welcome fresh new ideas to brighten up our minds.