Picadillo is a Cuban dish made with ground beef/turkey with the wonderful flavors of olives and raisins. When served with white rice it makes a perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili
- 1 pound ground beef/ground turkey
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add beef, cumin along with garlic paste. Cook over medium heat until browned (approx 8-10 min)
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and season with crushed red chili, salt and black pepper. Cook for 4-5 min until the sauce is well mixed with the beef.
- Add raisins, olives, apple cider vinegar, bell pepper and simmer on medium heat for 15-20 min until the sauce has thickened. Serve with white rice and ENJOY!
0 0 100 0