When you want to impress your guests with something different go ahead with this pesto cheesy chicken rolls. The chicken breast is stuffed with cheese and pesto and then baked in an oven. it makes a delicious meal when served with pasta or rice.
FOR BASIL PESTO
- 2 cup Fresh Basil Leaves (washed & dried)
- Cloves 2 Garlic
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts (roasted)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- a big pinch Salt
- a big pinch Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 cup Basil Pesto
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp round Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
- 4 Chicken Breas
- In a food processor add basil leaves, garlic and roasted pine nuts. Process for 1 minute.
- Now add salt, black pepper powder, olive oil and process until all ingredients are well combined
- Lastly add parmesan cheese and process for 1 minute.
- Store basil pesto in an airtight box or jar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking tray.
- Flatten chicken breast with rolling pin.
- Season each flatten chicken breast with salt and ground black pepper.
- Spread 2 tbsp pesto on each chicken breast and top with grated mozzarella cheese. Roll up tightly and secure with toothpick.
- Repeat the above procedure with remaining chicken breasts. Place them on greased baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until chicken is tender and turns brown in color.
- Remove from oven and remove the toothpicks. Slice the chicken breasts and serve hot. ENJOY!
0 0 100 0