Penne Florentine: Chicken, spinach and the combination of different cheeses when baked with penne pasta gives you the delicious and a quick weeknight meal.
- 500 g boneless chicken, boiled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 3/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 8 oz penne paste, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- Add Cottage cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add mushrooms and stir fry on medium heat until tender
- Add spinach and cook for 5 min until spinach wilts. Season with salt, black pepper, lemon juice and oregano
- Now add chicken , chicken broth, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese . Cook for 3-4 min with constant stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Add pasta and toss altogether.
- Spoon mixture into the baking dish coated with oil. Top with Parmesan cheese and bake for 25-30 min until lightly browned. Serve hot and ENJOY!
0 0 100 0