Pasta Primavera- A wonderful combination of pasta and fresh vegetables. Pramivera meaning spring so this dish is full of bright colours and fresh flavors.
This is a great quick recipe for a cheesy delicious pasta. Do try it when you are tired after a long day.
- 2 carrots (small pieces)
- 1 cup peas(fresh/frozen)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper (small pieces)
- 2-3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans ( small pieces)
- 1 bunch asparagus ( small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups cooked farfelle or penne pasta ( if using longer type of pasta like fettucine then cut the vegetables into strip)
- Add butter in a pan and place it on medium heat. When the butter starts melting add onion, bell pepper and fry for 5 min. Add peas and carrots and cook for additional 5-8 min. When peas and carrots turn soft add tomatoes, salt, black pepper, crushed red chilli and stir.
- Meanwhile add green beans in a skillet with boiling water. After 5 min add broccoli and asparagus and cook until vegetables are tender. Drain water. Add these vegetables,cheese and pasta to toamato mixture . Mix thoroughly so that all the vegetables are well mixed with pasta.
- Remove from heat, and if you are a cheese lover garnish with some more cheese and olive oil.