These crispy fried chicken bites in sweet and tangy orange sauce when served over the bed of rice makes a classic Chinese dish. Do give it a try and i am sure everyone in your family will love it.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 ¼ cup cornstarch, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup orange juice
- First put Chicken Breast on a table and Clean with a towel
- Now make the marinade. Whisk together chicken broth, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, orange zest, Sriracha, ginger and white pepper in a large bowl.
- In a 1-gallon zipper-lock food storage bag or topper with top combine chicken and 2/3 cup of the marinade; marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Heat remaining marinade in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir in 2 tablespoons cornstarch combined with 2 tablespoons water.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened about 1-2 minutes; keep warm.
- Working one at a time, dip the chicken into the eggs, then dredge in remaining 1 cornstarch, pressing to coat.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Working in batches, add chicken and fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate so that the excess oil is absorbed by the towel.
- Garnish the chicken with sesame seeds and green onion.
- Serve immediately, tossed or drizzled with the marinade and ENJOY!
0 0 100 0