Mutanjan is a tasty blend of rice with sugar and nuts. Try this simple recipe of mutanjan which is used as a dessert after dinner or lunch on special occasions.
- 1/2 kg Sela Rice soaked for 2 - 3 hours
- 1.5 glass Sugar
- 1/2 glass Water
- 1/4 cup Almonds boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup Coconut cut in slices
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 2 Cardamom
- 1/2 glass Oil
- 4 - 6 Boiled eggs cut in slices
- few drops Red, green and yellow food colors
- Boil rice in plain water until half cooked.
- Mix water and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a big cooking pan and stir fry cardamom for 1- 2 minutes. Now add water sugar mixture to it.
- Give it about 2 boils and then add rice . Cook at low flame for 10 minutes till water dries out. (If you are using ordinary rice then cook rice for 5 minutes)
- Add food color drops to the rice, and add all the nuts, raisins and coconut to it. Cover it with lid and cook on low flame till rice are fully cooked.
- Dish it out, garnish with boiled egg slices and serve hot.
0 0 100 0