In North Africa, dried fruits and olives are often paired up which makes each bite better than the last. This dish “Moroccan Chicken”, is usually served with regular or Israeli cuscous (Israeli cuscous has larger sized grains than regular ones)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (mixed)
- 1/4 cup olives (cut it into small pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Take chicken breasts in a bowl and add salt, black pepper and thyme. Mix well
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and add chicken. By flipping and turning the chicken, cook for 8-10 min. When the chicken is fully cooked remove skillet from the heat.
- Add remaining oil in a pan and fry onion until light golden. Now add fruit, olives and chicken broth. Cook for 3-4 min or until it becomes dry.Stir in the lemon juice before turning off the heat
- Serve this fruit and olive topping over chicken and enjoy with cuscous.
0 0 100 0