Mixed Lentils Recipe or Moong masoor daal is a very healthyand tasty pakistani/indian dish. It can be served for breakfast with tortillas/parathas or at lunch/dinner time with bread/chapattis.
- 1/2 cup Moong daal (White lentil)
- 1/2 cup Masoor Daal (Red lentil)
- 2 small Onion (cut)
- 1 TBS Garlic mashed
- 1 TBS Ginger mashed
- 2 normal Tomatoes
- 2- 4 Green chilies
- Red peppers add to taste
- Salt add to taste
- Turmeric powder add to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- 3/4 cup or as desired Oil
- Rinse both the moong and masoor daal properly thrice and soak in like warm water for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and fry onion in it till its golden brown in color. Then add garlic and fry for 5 minutes till its fragrant.
- Lower the flame and add tomatoes and green chilies, cover and cook over very low flame till tomatoes are tender and soft. Mash with the masher and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger,red peppers, turmeric powder and salt to the pan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Drain out the water and add both lentils (daal) to the pan and fry for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Now add 2 glass water, cover the pan and cook over medium flame till the lentils are cooked and you get the required gravy.
- Add cumin seeds and garam masala five minutes before you switch off the stove.
- Dish it out in a serving bowl, garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot with hot chapatti or parathas, if it is to be served in breakfast.
0 0 100 0