This simple but elegant mint sauce can be served with any of your favorite food to enhance its flavor. In sub-continent this sauce is typically associated with fried chicken or lamb dishes.
You can have it on bread or can mix it with yogurt to form a minty yogurt sauce. Mint is also known for its health benefits, specially to improve digestion.
- 1-1 1/2 bunch fresh mint
- 4 TBS Tamarind pulp
- 500 gms Plain yogurt (optional)
- cloves 2 Garlic
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Sugar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 3/4 cup Parsely
- 3TBS Boiling water
- Rinse mint leaves thoroughly. Separate the mint leaves from the stem and discard the stems.
- In an electric blender add mint leaves, parsley, tamarind pulp, garlic cloves, green chiilies, salt, black pepper and sugar. Dont forget to add the water. Process till they all are incorporated and form a paste. Mint sauce is ready and can be kept in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- (NOTE: if you want to have a minty yogurt sauce then proceed otherwise skip these last two steps.) Now take a bowl, pour yogurt in it and beat the yogurt well with hand beater.
- Add the green paste to the yogurt and mix well. Adjust the quantitiy of mint paste in yogurt according to your taste (Add as much as you want) Delicious mint sauce/ mint yogurt sauce is ready to be served with fried food.