Your are going to love this easy Mexican stuffed peppers which are low in fat and calories. These colorful peppers are stuffed with ground meat, black beans, tomatoes and corns topped with cheese. Do not forget to to try it this weekend.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1/2 lb ground beef/chicken/turkey (cooked)
- 1 can corn kernels, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chili (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Cut the top of peppers and remove seeds.
- In a large skillet add oil, ground beef, beans, corns and tomatoes. Place it over medium heat and cook for about 5 min. Season with salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Stuff the peppers with this mixture and place in a baking dish. Also combine water and tomato sauce and pour it at the sides of the dish.
- Bake for 30-40 min until peppers are tender. Sprinkle some cheese over the top of peppers and bake for 5 more min. Serve warm and ENJOY!
0 0 100 0