Masala Rice is a spicy rice dish and is a perfect weekend dinner for those who are on diet when served with raita. Its simply delicious so you must try this dish.
I have used the vegetables of my choice so feel free to add the vegetables of your choice.
- 1/2 kg Rice (boiled)
- 250 gm Chicken boneless ( cut in thin strips)
- 2 Onion (sliced)
- 3 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red Chilies (crushed)
- 4 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp White Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp All Spice powder
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- a pinch Food Colour
- 2 Carrot (julienne cut)
- 3tbsp Spring Onion (chopped)
- Cucumber & Lettuce for garnishing
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion. Stir fry onion on medium heat until light golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and chicken strips. Cook chicken strips for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add salt, crushed red chilies, turmeric powder, all spice powder, chopped green chilies and cumin seeds. Stir fry on high flame for 5 min.
- Add tomatoes and cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Finally add carrot and soya sauce, mix well.
- Add boiled rice, chopped spring onion and a pinch of food color. Toss all together on high flame.
- Before serving cover the pan with the lid and place it on low flame. This will allow the rice to set and all the flavors to develop.
- Dish out on a serving plate and garnish with cucumber and lettuce. Enjoy!