Enjoy high fiber Maple Oatmeal at this weekend breakfast. This will provide you long-lasting energy and it will make your day because your children will surely love this.
I have used raisins in my recipe, but you can use any other dried fruits like almonds,cranberries or blueberries.
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Add milk and water in a saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and add the remaining ingredients except maple syrup.
- Simmer for 5 min or until milk is absorbed. Turn off the heat and top with maple syrup and some raisins.
- Transfer oatmeal to 4 bowls and enjoy a healthy breakfast.