Try this easy and very yummy creamy lasagna having chicken tomato sauce layered with mozzarella cheese and white sauce. Parmesan cheese will cover its top to make it more tempting and delicious.
- 1 packet 400 gms 0r 14 ounces Lasagna
- 600 gms Chicken
- 1 large Onion
- 3 tomatoes Tomato puree of
- 3 to 4 Garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Oregano and dried basil
- 2 of normal size Capsicum
- 4 tbs Ketchup
- peppers add to taste
- 3 to 4 tbs Olive oil
- 2 tbs Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Thick Chicken broth
- 200 gms Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 50 gms Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbs Butter
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Chicken stock
- 3 tbs Flour
- 3 glass milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- black pepper 1 pinch or to taste
Melt butter in a pan, then add flour to the melted butter mix well and cook till fragrant.
In an another bowl, add chicken stock to water, add salt, pepper,mustard powder and mix well. Now add butter flour mix to this chicken stock mixture, mix well and heat again for few seconds, then switch off the stove, let it cool a bit to avoid lump formation when we add milk to it. Now add milk to it, mix well and cook again till the sauce is as much thick and creamy as you want it to be.
- Heat 4 litre water in a pan with 1 tbs oil and a pinch of salt. When it starts boiling, add lasagna sheets and cook uncovered stirring occasionally till its ready and tender, this might take 12 to 15 minutes. (Note: Drain out lasagna sheets from water at the time of layering and not before that, as that might make them non-chewable).
- Boil chicken in water with salt and black pepper, 1 tsp each. Do not let all the water dry out, make sure to have 1/4 cup thick chicken stock when the chicken get tender and ready. Let the chicken cool, shred it and keep aside. Keep quarter cup chicken stock for later use.
- Now make tomato sauce, with the rest of ingredients. In a pan, add olive oil, and fry onion while stirring, after five minutes add garlic to it and fry till fragrant.
- Next add in tomato puree to the pan along with salt, pepper, soy sauce and chicken broth. Cook till the sauce thickens, as much thickness you want.
- At this stage, add capsicum to the thick sauce and cook at very low heat. When capsicum is ready and tender, add ketchup and cook for approx three minutes and switch off the stove.
- Now add the boiled and shredded chicken to it and mix well, delicious tomato sauce is ready for layering lasagna.
- Grease the serving dish and drain out lasagna sheets.
- Now layer the lasagna sheets with tomato chicken sauce, white sauce and cheese. At the bottom of serving dish, put a lasagna sheet, layer it with tomato chicken sauce, drizzle oregano and dried basil over it, followed with the white sauce layer, and then the mozzarella cheese layer. Continue this layering, cover the top of lasagna with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a pre-heat oven for 30 to 35 mins or till its golden.
- Leave for 15 minutes before serving. Serve Hot.