Nasi goreng is a very simple and easy to make Indonesian fried rice which is ready in just 20 min. When served with an egg it becomes a complete meal.
- 2 cups Long Grained Rice (cooked)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 red chili, sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/3 cup Shrimp (deveined)
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice or Lemon Juice
- 3 eggs, fried
- As desired Cucumber & Tomato (sliced), for garnishing
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok, add onion and garlic. Stir fry on medium heat for 1 minute.
Add sliced red chilies and shrimp. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp is fully cooked.
Add cooked rice, salt, light soy sauce, black pepper powder and lemon juice. Toss altogether on high heat for 1 to 2 minutes and remove from flame.
Transfer the cooked rice to a serving plate, place fried egg on top of the rice. Garnish with sliced cucumber and sliced tomato. Note: use the cold rice, the colder the rice the better will be the result