A very simple recipe of home made Indian chicken jalfrezi curry which surely will be a perfect weekend treat for everyone.
- 500 g boneless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (optional)
- 250 gm tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mango cutney
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander (for garnishing)
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- Heat oil in a wok and add onion. Stir fry for 3-4 min until soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste, chili powder, cumin powder and salt. Stir fry until it becomes fragrant.
- Meanwhile take a pan half filled with water and place it over medium heat. When water starts boiling add tomatoes and simmer for 8-10 min until the tomato skin soften. Drain and allow it to cool.
- Add chicken pieces, curry paste and again stir fry for 6-8 min. Remove the pieces in a plate and set aside.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut into small chunks
- Add tomato chunks along with mango chutney in a pan and cook for 3-4 min
- Remove the pan from heat and blend the sauce in a food processor along with 1/4 cup of water.
- Return the sauce to the wok and add the fried chicken, bell pepper slices and coconut milk.
- Cover the pan with lid and simmer for 10-12 min until the chicken is tender. Turn off the heat and before serving garnish with chopped coriander. ENJOY!
0 0 100 0