Hummus is an Arabic dish made with boiled chick peas and blended with tahini and lemon juice.You can serve it with pita bread or shawarma or falafel.
- 2 1/2 cups chick peas (boiled)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons Tahini (sesame seeds paste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 lemon (for garnishing)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for garnishing)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- As required water
- 4-5 pita bread
- 5 olives (for garnishing)
Take a blender, add in boiled chick peas, salt, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and blend.Slowly add water to make smooth creamy puree.
Pour this puree in a serving bowl, add 2 pinches of black pepper powder and 2 pinches of paprika on top with 2 tbsp of oil.
Garnish it with lemon and olives and serve with pita bread