This is a very simple and delicious chicken biryani with no market spices (masalas) added in it. Its ingredients include daily home made ingredients and yet it is as tasty as any other chicken rice (biryani).
- 1/2 kg Rice
- 1/2 kg Chicken
- 4 Onion (cut) normal size
- 2 TBS Garlic crushed
- 2 TBS Ginger crushed
- 6 Tomatoes (3 tomatoes sliced and make paste of remaining 3)
- 250 gms Yogurt
- 6 Green chilies (c finely cut)
- 2 inch piece Cinnamon stick two
- 3 Black cardamom
- 6 Cloves
- 8 - 10 Whole black peppers
- 1 curry leaf large
- 1 - 1.5 TBS Tamarind (imli)
- 1 lemon Lemon slices
- 4 Eggs hard-boiled (sliced)
- 2 TBS Coriander crushed
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Capsicum cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves cut
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsley cut
- Salt add to taste
- Red peppers 2 TBS or add to taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder heaped
- 2 pinches Yellow food color few drops if in liquid form
- 3/4 cup or as required Oil
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion in it, at medium flame, till golden brown. Add garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Lower the flame and add 3 tomatoes (cut) with green chilies, and cook till the tomatoes are softened and their water dries out.
- Add chicken along with the cloves, whole black peppers, cinnamon sticks, black cardamom, tamarind (imli) and curry leaf, cook on medium flame for about 10 minutes then add salt, peppers, turmeric powder, yogurt and cook, stirring occasionally, till chicken is tender, its water dries out and oil comes up.
- Then add ginger and fry chicken for about 15 minutes at medium flame.
- When the chicken is fried well, add tomato puree of three tomatoes and cook on medium flame while stirring continuously. Cook till the puree is cooked and oil comes up, add capsicum and cook for 5 minutes till the capsicum is tender. By this time all the added masala is cooked and not in watery foam. Switch off the stove.
- Add cumin seeds, coriander, fresh parsley and mint leaves.
- Boil rice in salted water till they are 90% cooked, drain their water.
- In a big cooking pan, layer the bottom with cooked rice followed by the cooked chicken layer, add some boiled egg slices, lemon slices and again the rice layer. Repeat layering till all done ending with the rice layer. Sprinkle yellow food cover, air tight the pan and cook over very low heat for about 5-10 minutes till the rice are done.
- Dish them out and serve hot with kebabs and salad.
0 0 100 0