A delicious, purely homemade lemon cake to make your tea times extra special.
- 1 cup Sifted Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- Lemon juice and grated grind of 2,3 normal size lemons
- 1 cup Whip cream
- First of all mix all the dry ingredients. Add baking powder to the sifted flour and sift again for proper mixing.
- Melt butter and allow it to cool. Then gradually mix sugar with butter and beat it till the batter’s light and fluffy. Add lemon rind to the mix and beat again.
- Beat the eggs separately, till they harden. Next, add the butter+ sugar mix to the eggs batter and beat it well.
- Now add the dry ingredients, flour+baking powder mixture, slowly and in small amounts, to this batter and keep beating till a smooth, foamy texture is attained.
- Next, add lemon juice to the creamy, smooth mixture and mix it well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C. Grease a baking pan and pour this batter in it. Put it up for baking for 25 to 30 minutes, or until done. You can perform a toothpick test to confirm if its done or not. Note: Insert a dry knife or fork into the cake, if it comes out moistened, your cake is not yet ready until the fork comes out dry.
- Beat whip cream till medium peaks form and refrigerate. Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature. Flip it (upside down) in a serving plate. Garnish with whip cream and serve with the afternoon tea.
0 0 100 0