Gulab Jamun is a very famous South Asian dish.These soft balls covered in sugar syrup are so delicious that you always crave for them. The balls are made with the combination of egg, milk powder and almonds
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 cup Water
- 3-4 (crushed) Green Cardamom
- 2 cups Milk Powder
- 1 cup Almond
- 3 Egg
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Oil (for dough)
- Oil for frying
- Prepare sugar syrup by adding sugar, water and crushed green cardamom in a pan.Cook on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add almonds in a food processor and blend.
- Take a large bowl, mix together milk powder, powdered almonds, oil, eggs and baking powder.Knead the mixture well with your hands.Make small balls of the same size.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Fry the balls till golden brown in colour.
- Dip the balls in sugar syrup. Again cook the syrup with balls in it and cover half the pan. Simmer over medium heat for 6 to 8 min (so that the balls soak up some sugar syrup)
- Dish it out and sprinkle some crushed almonds on top.
0 0 100 0