Guacamole is prepared with ripped avocados, tomatoes and onion with some seasoning. It is used as a dip or added as a sauce to other dishes to enhance their flavour.
Guacamole is originally from Mexico now this has also become a part of American cuisine.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 green chilli, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, grounded (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- Cut each avocado in half and with a sharp knife remove the seeds. Without removing the skin take out the avocado pulp in a large bowl.
- Stir in salt and with the help of fork or mortar and pestle mash the avocados until you get the desired texture (I like a little chunkiness but if you want your dip smooth then mash it completely)
- Now add onion, tomato, coriander,chilli, black pepper, cumin and lime juice. Use whisk to muddle all the ingredients. (Note: For a thick guacamole remove the seeds of the tomato before adding)
- Serve it with flour tortillas or Nacho chips. It can also be served with chicken or burgers. Serve it immediately otherwise because of oxidation guacamole will turn brown. So to prevent this and to keep your dip fresh and healthy cover it with plastic wrap.