This soft and juicy steak get lots of flavors from the simple combination of lemon and garlic. So this season do not forget to try this simple and tasty grilled lemon garlic steak.
- 2 Pound beef flank steak or Plate steak, trimmed of any fat
- 1 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 tablespoon chopped Fresh Thyme
- Ground salt and black pepper to taste.
- First put the flank on a table and clean with a towel. Using a sharp knife, score both sides of the flank steak in a diamond pattern, cutting no deeper than 1/8 inch.
- In a 1-gallon zipper-lock food storage bag, combine the lemon juice, thyme, oil, and garlic. Add the steak. Close the bag, pressing out the air, and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or up to 6 hours.
- When waited at least 2 hours, heat a gas grill to medium-high, prepare a charcoal medium-hot fire until the coals form white ash, or heat a broiler.
- Remove the steak from the bag and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides. Grill or broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat source for 15 min (5 to 7 min each side).
- Remove the steak to a cutting board and let it stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Cut thin diagonal slices across the grain. Extra: Grill some green pepper, tomatoes and onion for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy with the steak.
0 0 100 0