This moist and delicious Galaxy Chocolate Cake is perfect for any celebration. Its simple and easy to make at home. The galaxy chocolate icing gives your kids a mouthwatering treat.
- 6 oz or 180 g Caster Sugar
- 3 Egg large
- 5 oz or 150 g Flour (double shifted)
- 3 oz or 75 g Galaxy Drinking Chocolate
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp Hot Water ( not too much hot)
- 7 oz or 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 5 oz or 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 8 oz or 225 g Icing Sugar
- 3-4 tbsp Chocolate Sauce
- 8 oz or 225 g Galaxy Chocolate (cut into pieces)
- 125ml Cream
- Pre-heat oven at 180 C/ 350 F. Grease a round deep 8″ loose bottom pan.
- Take a large bowl, add unsalted butter. Beat with an electric beater until creamy. Add caster sugar and beat again for one minute.
- Add eggs one by one and mix with spatula. When all the eggs are well mixed, beat again for 2 minutes.
- In another bowl mix dry ingredients ( flour, galaxy drinking chocolate and baking powder).
- Add half of the dry mixture in eggs mixture. Beat for a minute. Now add the remaining of the dry mixture along with the water. Beat for another 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is fluffy.
- Pour cake mixture in a greased pan. Place the pan in a pre-heated oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Take two pans where one will fit into the other. Add 2-3 cups of water in big pan and place a metal ring in the middle of the bigger pan. Place it over medium heat
- When water starts boiling place the small pan into the big pan. Add pieces of galaxy chocolate and cream into the small pan. Stir continuously until the chocolate and cream become smooth. Remove both the pans from heat.
- Now add unsalted butter in chocolate and cream mixture, stir with spatula until smooth. Add icing sugar and mix well until creamy and smooth.
- Place the baked cake in a plate.
- Using a clean spatula spread the icing all over the top and sides of the cake .Add some chocolate sauce on the icing. Garnish with walnuts.
- Transfer Galaxy Chocolate Cake to a serving plate and serve with afternoon tea. Enjoy!
30.15873015873 0 100 63