One of the delicious dessert that is mostly eaten in winters is gajrela. It is a tasty combination of carrots and milk and is also known as carrot pudding. Gajrela is very famous in Pakistan and India.
- 3 liters milk
- 1 kg carrots, peeled and grated
- 6 cardamom
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter/ghee
- 200 gm khoya (optional)
- 1 cup condensed milk
- few drops kewra essence
- 1 cup rice, boiled
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat. Add cardamom and let it crackle for 30 sec.
- Add carrots and stir fry for 15-20 or until carrots turn brown .
- Add milk and bring it to boil. When it starts boiling add rice and simmer on low for 30-35 min until the carrots become soft.
- Now add sugar, khoya and condensed milk. Again simmer for 10-15 min until it became thick. Stir in the sliced almonds and turn off the heat.
- Dish it out and garnish with sliced almonds.
0 0 100 0