Gajar ka halwa is a delicious dessert and is very famous all over the India and Pakistan. It is prepared with the combination of grated carrots, milk and sugar. When served hot it tastes wonderful, so this dessert is flavor, taste and color all in one place.
- 1 kg carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons mixed nuts
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Chop the nuts (almonds, cashews and walnuts) and set aside.
- Heat the clarified butter in large deep pan and add carrots. Cook on low flame until the raw smell disappears and the color changes to golden brown.
- Now add milk powder and stir well for 2-3 min.
- Next add milk and cook on medium flame with constant stirring (so that the carrots would not stick to the bottom of the pan)
- When the mixture becomes thick add sugar, cardamom powder and again cook on low flame. When it dries up turn off the heat and garnish with the chopped nuts. Serve hot.