Want a yummy fried eggplant recipe? Season eggplant slices, coat them in gram flour batter and fry, you will get a perfect tasty and delicious snack for your evening tea. Give this healthy snack to your kids in their lunch boxes.
- 2 egg plant in round shape
- 1 teaspoon + a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon + a pinch of red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (ground)
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (ground roughly)
- As required water (for the batter)
- 2 cups gram flour
Wash eggplant well and cut it in slices, each slice about 2 cm thick.
Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the slices, spread evenly on them, cover the bowl and shake well.
Sift gram flour twice or thrice. Add cumin seeds, coriander, salt and peppers to the flour and mix well. Next add water slowly and gradually while whisking gently to get a thick batter.
Heat oil in a pan, take slices one by one, coat them in gram flour batter and fry on medium heat till golden brown from both sides. Repeat this with the rest of the eggplant slices.
- Your tasty fried eggplant slices are ready to serve with the tea.