A fresh and tasty falafel wrap recipe is here for you which can be enjoyed at lunch or dinner. Falafel is a patty made of ground chickpeas, when served with pita bread, hummus and vegetables is nothing but a healthy middle eastern meal.
- 1 cup Chickpeas (soaked overnight with a pinch of baking soda)
- 1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 to 4 Garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp Parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper powder
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Oil for deep frying
- 6 Pita bread
- 1 cup Hummus
- 10 Lettuce
- 1/2 cup Tomato (finely chopped)
- Fries (for serving)
- 1/2 cup Jalapeno pickles (optional)
- Drain the water (in which the chickpeas are soaked) and rinse them 2-3 times.
- Add chickpeas in a food processor along with onion, garlic, chopped parsley, coriander leaves and green chilies. Process until it is well combined. note: Do not add water while processing, if required add 1 to 2 tablespoon.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl. Add flour, salt, black pepper powder,cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix well. Add baking soda just before frying and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in wok. With the help of tablespoon add falafel mixture in such a way that small balls are formed. Cook on medium heat.
- Fry from both the sides till golden brown.Drain on paper towel so that that excess oil is absorbed by the towel.
- Now Toast pita bread.
- Fill pita bread with falafel, hummus, lettuce, chopped tomatoes and jalapeño pickles. Serve with fries and ENJOY!.
0 0 100 0