Egg tomato sauce is a unique dip using the unusual combination of eggs and tomatoes. My mother used to cook this for us usually when we want something spicy and “chat pata” in additional to a regular meal. It’s a very easy and quick-to-make recipe.
- 5 - 6 Tomatoes peeled and cut
- 2 - 3 Eggs
- 2 Green chili
- 1.5 cup Spring Onion cut
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsley (dhanya) cut
- Salt add to taste
- Red chili powder add to taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- Beat eggs with salt and red pepper powder and keep them aside.
- Put tomatoes in a pan with oil, and cook over a very low flame till they get softened and form a paste. (Add 1/2 cup water if needed)
- When tomatoes get softened and their water dries out, add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, green chili and spring onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add eggs and cook over low flame, stirring occasionally, until eggs are cooked.
- Put in a serving dish, garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot with chapati.
100 0 100 1